Monday, October 22, 2012

The Life of a Manuscript.

This is what happens to me during the process of writing a manuscript. (Doctor Who edition!)



When you get that shiny new idea and start writing it.


After tackling those first few chapters.



Then realizing the story you had plotted has something seriously wrong with it.



And freaking out about it.


So you talk to your CPs and all you can say is, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!




Then one (or several) of your amazing CP helps you figure it out.




But then that get's fixed and you still feel like you'll never finish.


And somehow you make it halfway through your draft!


But then you realize that you still have half left to write.



And your story decides to take an unexpected turn.



And you have no idea where that turn came from or where to go from there. 


But somehow you make it through and only have the ending left!


And now you're trying to tie all those loose pieces together.


And it finally works.


Then you finish your draft!!










And then you remember you still have to revise and edit everything.



Happy Monday followers!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love it. I'm right at the "Brilliant" start getting ready for Nano. Look at all I have ahead of me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, awesome - I can relate to this. New follower by the way.
    www.superspudtrilogy.blogspot.com

    thanks,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Found your site through the Spooktacular Giveaway Hop. I happily followed you via GFC. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.

    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete