Friday, August 31, 2012

GUTGAA Meet & Greet!

GUTGAA is Gearing Up To Get An Agent! You can learn more about it here! But in general it's a pretty awesome opportunity and contest for writers! Check it out, lovelies!

Today is the Meet and Greet part! And here are my answers to the questions they posted for us to do!


-Where do you write?
Now that I have my desk set-up again, I usually write there. Otherwise, occasionally at on my couch or bed.

-Quick. Go to your writing space, sit down and look to your left. What is the first thing you see?
My husband's desk.

-Favorite time to write?
Whenever I have time alone.

-Drink of choice while writing?
Mountain Dew or Coke (caffeine!)

-When writing , do you listen to music or do you need complete silence?
Music! Usually with headphones. (Lately it's been just Mumford & Sons, Manchester Orchestra, and Of Monsters & Men on repeat! But I have had specific playlists for MSs before)

-What was your inspiration for your latest manuscript and where did you find it?
My job. I work with kids with autism and my new manuscript is about a girl with a younger brother that has autism.

-What's your most valuable writing tip?
Make sure to have at least one (or a few!) crit partner that meshes well with you. Someone that can push you to keep writing even when it's hard and will help and encourage you!

14 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! I completely agree with your writing tip. Finding a good crit partner is hard but worth it in the end! I'm very interested in the premise for your MS. I have a nephew with Asperger's so it is a subject that is close to heart. Good luck with it and the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you advice! Having amazing critters is definitely one of the most important things I've found, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crit partners who mesh well with you are a must. Excellent advice. I'm your newest follower! *waves* Very nice to meet you!

    AA
    http://anallegedauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying hello from GUTGAA...I myself am kind of picky about who sees my work so I agree with your point of finding a CP that you're compatible with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CPs are SO important. I truly believe we learn the most from them as well as from critiquing their work.

    And I write with soda too. An IV of soda :) haha

    So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your logo. I'm new to this blogging and new in my search for CPs. And advice on where I can find one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting tidbit - Canadian Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine. Whenever I hear people are addicted to the stuff I know they're American! Nice to meet you and good luck with GUTGAA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara- I kinda stumbled upon my CPs by chance. One I found on Twitter. We talked and got along and both wrote so we decided to be CPs for each other. Other's I met through this CP as friends. And another I met through an online meet-up.

    I know that some online conferences (like WriteOnCon, though they just finished up and I think it's a once a year thing) host 'crit partner match-ups.' I think GUTGAA is doing this actually.

    Other than that, if you search Critique Partner Match-up or something like that, you might find a blog hosting a meet and greet type thing.

    Good luck with finding a CP that works well with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of your blog. The colors are so peaceful, yet vibrant. Nice to meet you. Good luck with GUTGAA. http://anjeasandro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coming over to say HI from GUTGAA! I like your book idea :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your writing tip is so true, though it can be hard and take a lot of time to make happen. It was nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    Just blog hoping by way of Gutgaa! Hoping to meet as many gutgaa-an as possible. Stop by blog if time permits. Cool meeting you. Don't be a stranger.

    Paula
    http://authorscornerpaulakouman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview! Hope GUTGAA went well for you! Your book premise sounds fantastic. I haven't seen many autistic characters in fiction, but it's so prevalent that I bet there would be a huge call for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Christina you are awesome, and for some reason, I just love that when you looked to your left, it was Greg's desk right there. Maybe b/c I like the joint office idea and think it'd be cool to have with David or b/c you now have the space for that!

    2. Whoa.....mountain dew without caffeine?! ....what's the point? Sorry Canada!

    ReplyDelete