Sunday, July 22, 2012

Be Inspired

Hey guys! So, I was tagged in a meme called Be Inspired where I'm supposed to answer some questions about my manuscript, and here they are!


Q. What is the name of your book?

A. Veritas (it means truth in Latin)


Q. Where did the idea for your book come from?

A. Probably from my husband's obsession with zombies. There aren't zombies in my book, but there are creepy people that attack others. They aren't undead though.


Q. In what genre would you classify it?

A. It's a young adult sci-fi


Q. If you had to pick actors to portray your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?

A. I don't know about actors, but I do search for photos of people online that are similar to my characters. Here are some pictures that remind me of my characters.

Two pictures of my main character, Tori. (ignore the dude in the second picture)

Tori's best friend, Declan.

And her other friend, Vi.



Q. Give us a short synopsis of your book.

A. When a virus turns Tori's crewmates violent, she’ll do anything to save her family and her crush, Declan. Leaving Earth was supposed to give them a future—not a death sentence. Or so they were told.


Q. How long did it take you to write it?

A. I started writing it in July 2011 and finished the first draft around February 2012 then did revisions and edits for a few months and now I'm in the process of sending queries out to agents and waiting.


Q. What other books in the same genre would you compare it to?

A. Probably Across the Universe by Beth Revis and Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder, they're both YA sci-fi set in space as well. AtU also has a bit of death and mystery in it like Veritas.


Q. What authors inspired you to write it?

A. The only author I can think of that helped inspire me to write Veritas is Carrie Ryan. She wrote The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy and it was just a beautifully written book for having such a creepy subject (zombies).


Q. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.

A. Zombie-esque people. Hot best friend boy. Secrets & Lies. Hidden motivations. Being lost among the stars and yourself.

And just because I have them, here are some more pictures that remind me of my story.






And now I get to tag some people! Danielle Ellison, Patricia Riley, Melissa Hurst, Summer Heacock, and Lucas Croft.

4 comments:

  1. The more I hear about your book, the more I want to read it!!

    And I've been tagged twice, so I better get on this, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You used THAT pic for Dec! I love it!!!

    I feel so lucky to have been able to read Veritas already. It's an AMAZING story and I hope everyone gets to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great the words and images make me want to pick it up today.

    ReplyDelete