Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011!

Another year is almost gone! I can't believe it. 2011 just flew by for me. It was amazing and hectic and wonderful, but now I can't wait for 2012 and all it will bring. And since it's New Year's Eve, I figured I'd talk a little about resolutions and books and writing for this post.

Last year, I had one resolution for 2011. It was to read 100 books within the year. I really, really didn't believe I would actually make this. I figured I was shooting way over on this. I've never kept track of how many books I read before so I had no idea really how many I normally read in a year. This year I kept track. And ya know what? I made my goal and some! I've read 108 books this year. (And no, I didn't neglect my job, house chores, social life, ect, to meet this goal.) So, since I read so many, I thought I'd share some of my favorites from this year. There were so, so many books that were amazing but I don't want a huge list so I'm just gonna go with my favorite 10 for the year. (In no particular order) (Also, click on the pictures if you want a link to their Goodreads' description)












Okay, so that was 12 because I just couldn't narrow it down anymore and I didn't want to have just one book in it's own row. (ummm OCD?)

So yeah, 2011 was a great year for books, but I know tons more amazing books are going to be coming out in 2012 too and I can't wait! But for this coming year, my resolution won't be about reading. I'm going to focus more on my writing. I've decided that my resolution for 2012 is to finish the book I'm writing--first draft, edits, revising, all of it--and get it into the dreaded querying phase. (I'm at about halfway through writing my first draft for this WiP)Which means, a lot less slacking for me. This month, with all the holiday preparations and such, I barely got any writing done. I just finished a chapter yesterday that I started at the beginning of December! Crazy. (Usually I'm not that slow) You can see though that I need to step it up a bit.

So that's my resolution. What about yours? Any other reading or writing related resolutions out there or any just in general? I'd love to hear them!

Have a fun, happy, spectacularly amazing New year and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment