Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas is so busy!

Hello lovely readers, it has been such a busy couple of weeks lately. Christmas and work and everything in between. I've been doing shopping, making a tacky/ugly sweater for my work's Christmas party, wrapping presents and doing quite a bit of painting for some porcelain ornaments and such. And in all of that, I haven't had a chance to get any real writing done. I'm itching to get some in, but I think it's going to have to wait until my break starts. For now, I need to finish up all the holiday things, like baking cookies and cupcakes!

One thing that I have gotten to do related to books and writing and all was that I got to meet Cassandra Clare (author of the Mortal Instruments series and Infernal Devices trilogy) and Michelle Hodkins (author of TheUnbecoming of Mara Dyer)! I love both of their books and it was such a great time seeing the two authors talk about their books and get mine signed. If there's ever something that can get you out of a writing slump, I think it's hearing an author talk about their books and their journey about how they got where they are.

Anyway, enough talking! How about some pictures!

(Cassie Clare and Michelle Hodkin talking about their books)


(Cassandra Clare and me!)


(Me with Michelle Hodkin)

It's always so exciting to meet an author(s) that you admire and love their work. How about you guys? Have any of you met any authors that you love?


1 comment: