Saturday, December 10, 2011

Changes to the blog

Lately I've been debating on what to do with this blog and it's been a hard decision for me. I don't want to let go of it completely, but at the same time, doing reviews has been feeling more like a chore or homework that I need to do but keep pushing off. I already feel like I have so little time (work has been ridiculously busy & tiring, edits need done for friends, and I'm hardly even getting any writing done now too which makes me pretty sad, and that, you know, not including regular adult chores and such that always seem to be piling up!). So yeah, my reviews keep getting pushed and pushed until I feel guilty for not posting any.

I love book reviews. And I love positive book reviews even more. But I've come to the realization that I'm not in love with doing them. That's not to say that I won't ever mention a book I really enjoyed or talk about specific ones though. I think I've decided to take this blog and gear it more towards my writing journey while also still being able to tell people if there was an amazing book I just finished or what books I'm excited about that are coming out. And then, of course, I still want to keep giveaway! Because what's better than sharing awesome books?!

Anyway, I hope to see you all still here as this blog progresses and changes, but if my new blog turns out to not being your cup of tea, I'll understand...sniff sniff.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Christina - that sounds like a wonderful change, and you'll probably inspire your readers to better pursue their own writing ambitions!!

    Personally, I don't blame you one bit ... in fact, I've been thinking along similar lines. It takes [for ME, at least] an inordinate amount of time to blog, read & review, etc etc and I'm not left with nearly enough time to take care of my own projects, etc.

    And YET, the publishing industry practically demands that authors now have a *strong* online following & social presence - which doesn't seem to leave much time for *actual* writing. I'm not sure that the real time *writing-creative* process isn't suffering because of this?

    Meh, I'd much prefer the creative process of the 1800s ... a lone candle lit in an attic flat where the authors were left alone for months/years on end and produced epic masterpieces [with no laundry/dishes/errands to run] ;D

    ReplyDelete