Thursday, October 20, 2011

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Description:

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.


Review:

Wow. Oh, wow. This book was amazing (with a beautiful cover too!). I devoured it. This is one of those novels that is a complete page-turner. The opening letter itself was wonderful. Pulls you right in with lots of intrigue.

Mara is a great character. Intriguing, full of depth, and such a snarky smart-aleck. I loved her.
And Noah is just as snarky right back to her but oh so sweet too. There relationship was fun to 'watch.' It was interesting to see it change and grow how it did.

And the storyline! I felt for Mara, I did. Michelle Hodkin really puts you right in Mara's shoes as she experiences life without all her memories after an accident that left her friends dead. Mara was confused, I was confused (but not in a bad way. In a oh-what's-happening-and-what's-going-to-happen-next-and-I-can't-wait kind of way!) And such great pacing. I wasn't left think 'oh this part could be shorter' or thinking that I wanted to skip some pages. In fact, I couldn't read fast enough and had to reread parts because I kept getting ahead of myself! It was just so good though! So full of twists and turns; a wonderful rollercoaster to be on! Seriously, check this book out guys! I can't *CAN'T* wait for the next one! I NEED it now! Who do I have to bribe for it?!


No comments:

Post a Comment