Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door

Description:

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Review:

I loved this book so much. I don't know how Stephanie Perkins does it. I think I'll read anything she ever writes. I couldn't read Lola fast enough yet I didn't want it to end either! I'm amazed at how she creates such wonderful stories with such realistic relationships and problems.

I loved Lola and all her outrageous outfits. (And that fact that, on the cover, she has purple hair like me must mean this book was written for me. Right? Right?!) Anyway, yes. Lola was a wonderful character. Fun, realistic, layered, and caring. She's wonderful.

I really enjoyed how the relationship between Lola and Max shifts and how Lola and Cricket's (love his name) relationship evolves. All of the characters were believable and I thoroughly enjoyed 'watching' their lives change and seeing them grow.

This book is a definite read. Just like Anna and the French Kiss! (click Here to see my review of Anna) Stephanie Perkins writes books that I just want to read and read and read again!

(And Cricket is just as sweet and cute and adorable as Etienne was!) (Also, Yay for seeing Anna and Etienne in this book! Love it and can't wait for the next one!)

(I also think it goes without saying that there wasn't one part in this book were I thought it was too slow or where I became bored. Perfect pacing.)

1 comment: