Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: Supernaturally

Description:

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.


Review:

Supernaturally is the second book in the Paranormalcy trilogy and what a great sequel it was! If you haven't read Paranormalcy yet, 1) what are you waiting for?! and 2) you can check out my review HERE. But if you have read Paranormalcy, and loved it (and really, who didn't?) then I can almost guarantee you that you'll love Supernaturally just as much.

Evie is just as adorable, strong, and witty as she was in the first book. I think she's one of my favorite main characters out there. And of course, we have all of the other amazing characters like Lend and Reth (oh Reth, I'm pulling for you buddy...even though I love Lend too.) Plus a few new ones, like spunky silly Jack. Oh he was fun and made me giggle lots with his twisted little mind and dimples.

The plot was fast paced and intriguing. I had a small suspicion about one character but overall was left wondering who was after Evie and what would happen. And I loved that we get some answers to Evie's past in this book. I read Supernaturally so quickly. I wanted to read it all but at the same time didn't want it to end either! It was so good. Kiersten is an amazing writer and I kinda wish she was my best friend. I think she'd be a lot of fun to hang out with. Lol.

So, overall Supernaturally has the same great voice and humor as Paranormalcy with a great plot and amazing characters. And I can't wait for the next one! So, what are you waiting for?! Go read it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment