Monday, July 25, 2011

Review: Texas Gothic

Description:

Amy Goodnight's family is far from normal. She comes from a line of witches, but tries her best to stay far outside the family business. Her summer gig? Ranch-sitting for her aunt with her wacky but beautiful sister. Only the Goodnight Ranch is even less normal than it normally is. Bodies are being discovered, a ghost is on the prowl, and everywhere she turns, the hot neighbor cowboy is in her face.

Review:

I just finished reading this book and loved it! Who knew Texas and ghosts went together so well. If you're looking for a good ghost story then you need to check this book out.

I loved the humor and wit in this book. So many parts where what the characters said or the descriptions that were given made me laugh.

Each character in this had a strong, well-developed, and unique personality. The tension and interaction between Amy and Ben is so fun and frustrating to watch. I loved their chemistry and dialogue. Phin was a great character too--a little absent minded professor meets ghost hunter, kinda reminds me slightly of Velma from Scooby-Doo. I think the interactions between the characters was one of the best aspects of this book. So believable and lots of fun.

The story and pacing of the book were wonderful too. I love the way history and fiction mingle in it. This book had a well thought-out, complex plot that I thoroughly enjoyed. It had the perfect amount of suspense, mystery, and tension. It also wraps up very nicely, so I don't think there will be another, but I can still hope right? I love Rosemary Clement-Moore's writing and look forward to her future work! Check this book out. If you're a fan of a good ghost-lore story then you won't be disappointed!

(Loved the snark in it...and isn't the cover gorgeous?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment