Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review: Hourglass

Description:

One hour to rewrite the past . . .

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.

Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?


Review:

I had pretty high expectations for this book after all that I had heard about it from just about everyone that got an early copy and let me tell you, it did not disappoint!

Em was such an amazing character. One that, despite so much sarcasm from her (or maybe because of it--yeah more like because of it), I wish she was real and my friend. She was a hilarious and strong character. And then there's Michael and Kaleb. Two guys that couldn't be more different and I loved them both. Kaleb was so charming and a bit rakish while Michael was sweet, mysterious, and sometimes even frustrating (in the best ways). All the characters, not just the main ones, were great. I really did love them all.

The plot was simply perfect. It was such a fresh story with so many wonderful things in it and twists that I didn't even see coming! It was just fantastic. It kept me wanting to keep turning the page. I think I read this book in two days and would have finished it in one sitting if I could have.

This book made me laugh, swoon at the boys, and even cry. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing read (and who isn't, really?). Hourglass by Myra McEntire comes out TODAY! June 14, 2011 so go pick it up!

ps-isn't the cover gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment