Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Review: Starcrossed

Description:

How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.


Review:

Any of you that read my review on The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter will know how I love a good Greek mythology story (not that I like *any* Greek myth book out there, I have read some not-so-good ones before) But of course, I loved this one also!

I think the best part of this book was the tension. I really liked how there was a lot of tension between Helen and Lucas. So good. I was reminded of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instrument series with this. Not in anyway with the story but with how great the guy/girl tension and relationship were.


All the characters were pretty awesome actually, not just Helen and Lucas. They all had some way for you to relate to them or love them. They were well developed and evolved throughout the story.

The story was definitely a great page turner. I was up all night reading this book because I really didn't want to put it down! I had to know how it ended! It's full of full of twists that I wasn't even expecting! I know that I say that I love books a lot, but I really loved this one!

Starcrossed is set to come out May 31st, so check this book out. I doubt you'll be disappointed!...Now where is the sequel Dreamless? I NEED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment