Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review: Die for Me

Description:

DIE FOR ME is the first of three books about Kate, a sixteen-year-old American who moves to Paris after the death of her parents. It introduces a new version of the undead with revenants, beings who are fated to sacrifice themselves over and over again to save others’ lives. Kate finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears: he is something else entirely.

Review:

Die For Me isn't just another YA paranormal story. I loved how unique Amy Plum's paranormal characters were. I'd never read a story before that had characters their specific talents/curse (depending on how you look at it).

Kate moves to France after the death of her parents and you can tell how, throughout the entire novel, this really affects her and her decisions. I also thought the relationship between her and her sister was done really well, close but also strained at times. And then there's Vincent. He's dark and mysterious but also so intriguing. Amy made me want to learn everything I could about him right alongside Kate. And the side characters were just as interesting and fleshed out. I especially liked Charlotte and Jules and wish I knew them!

I think one of my favorite parts of the book is the setting. I fell in love with French settings because of Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and this one was just as wonderful! Makes me want to visit! The detail and knowledge of France that Amy brings to the book made me feel like I was there. So, if you're interested in this book then I'd recommend picking it up. I just really like how the paranormal element was completely unique and intriguing. I kept thinking the story was going to end one way and then it didn't end how I thought it would, which is great! Because I don't want to know the end until I get there! Anyway, pick this book up and give it a shot; I think you'll like it!

Die For Me by Amy Plum comes out May 5, 2011! Check out this unique story! (ps-isn't the cover gorgeous?!)

Click on the picture for a link to Goodreads.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...not my genre but this review makes me want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Added to my HUGE TBR pile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to share the book love! And my TBR pile is sooo huge, it's intimidating! ;)

    ReplyDelete