Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, friends. I've had family in town lately along with my birthday and valentine's day stuff going on. And along the theme of love (yes, I'm a day late but I think that's okay!) here is a review on Delirium, a book centered around love with its own unique twist.


Description:

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love
.


Review:

This book was amazing guys. I read it in one day I loved it so much! I really liked the whole idea of love being seen as a disease. It was interesting and rather than being turned into something weird and cheesy, Lauren Oliver did an terrific job with it.

The writing is fluid and draws you into an amazing world of fear, rules, and forbidden love. The main character Lena was really well written too. Even in a world completely different from ours where love is feared worse than death, I could still relate to her and become invested in her life and choices. She starts out just wanting to be cured, to follow the rules, and have everything fall into place. Until...she meets Alex. Alex teaches Lena there's more than just fear and rules and changes her completely.

And the ending. Oh the ending. I don't want to give anything away with it, but I will say this book had me hooked to the end and completely invested emotionally! Definitely go pick this book up and read it, guys! It was so good!


**Don't forget to entire my multiple book + swag giveaway one post down!!**

4 comments:

  1. This one is at the top of my to-read list, and you've made me want to read it even more, especially since you're so enthusiastic about the ending! I'm next in line to get this from the library. I may or may not be a little impatient. =)

    Thank you for sharing your review!

    Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this book was #6 on the NYT bestselling list (TODAY!!) and now, after reading your review, I think I'll run off to buy it! THANKS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book, Christina! I think I might have to check it out on amazon now :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy when I can spread book love!! :)

    ReplyDelete