Monday, January 17, 2011

Review: Just One Wish

Description:

Seventeen-year-old Annika Truman knows about the power of positive thinking. With a little brother who has cancer, it's all she ever hears about. And in order to help Jeremy, she will go to the ends of the earth (or at least as far as Hollywood) to help him believe he can survive his upcoming surgery.

But Annika's plan to convince Jeremy that a magic genie will grant him any wish throws her a curveball when he unexpectedly wishes that his television idol would visit him. Annika suddenly finds herself in the desperate predicament of getting access to a hunky star actor and convincing him to come home with her. Piece of cake, right?


Review:

This book was pretty implausible, often silly, with totally in-your-dreams events, but I loved it! I found this book in the clearance section of my bookstore and thought it would be a nice light, happy read and it didn't disappoint. I literally finished this book within a few hours because I didn't want to stop reading it. It was so cute.

I loved Annika even though she usually acted before thinking. Characters like that don't always mesh well with me, but she did. I enjoyed the dialogue/action between her and Steve (the "hunky star actor") I also thought they weren't flat but well developed characters and Jeremy was just precious! I want a little brother now!

The situations Annika gets herself into are definitely silly, but I wouldn't have wanted them any other way; they were fun to read. The writing was fluid and kept me fully immersed in the adventures of Annika and I don't think there was one point where I was thinking it dragged at all.

So, if you're looking for a fun read then pick this book up. I definitely enjoyed it. Now...who wants to stalk a celebrity with me? :D Hmmm...nevermind, somehow I don't think our results would turn out the same!

PS-If you haven't checked it out, my sister is giving away some books on her new blog. You can look at it here and enter to win some free books! Always a plus!

4 comments:

  1. I like a good, light read every once in a while. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they're great sometimes. I just picked up 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson as another one!

    If you haven't read Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins then you definitely should! It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I'm giving you the Stylish Blogger Award if you'd like it!

    http://oneyeartowrite.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much~ I had someone else give me one too, but I have yet to figure out what all I actually need to do with that one. :)

    ReplyDelete