Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Review: Raised by Wolves


Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Description:
Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

Review:
I don't know why I didn't pick this book up sooner. I think I didn't read it earlier was because I figured it was just another werewolf story and I'd read quite a few of them lately, but I'm glad I finally did. It was a good read and a very different take from other werewolf stories out there. I loved the character of Bryn and thought that, overall, all the characters were developed nicely. The pacing was great, even though I wanted to see more of Bryn and Chase (yes, I love to see the romantic interaction stuff!), I didn't get bored when they weren't interacting together because everything else that was going on in the story kept the pace up really well. I also like how the twists and turns unfolded and the ending left me wanting more. This is one that I will be continuing to read the series in and would recommend for a good read. The sequel, Trial by Fire, is set to be released June 14th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment