Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hey friends,

I've been a little quiet lately--busy with Christmas and then dying the day after. Seriously, I got soooo sick on Sunday and felt like I was dying. A stomach bug took over and decided I shouldn't do anything except slowly wither away to nothing....alright I may be exaggerating *slightly* but needless to say, the last couple days weren't all that fun and that's why I haven't had a chance to post anything new.

But enough about that, I wanna know how your holiday was! Did you do anything special or fun? Are you guys excited for New Years? My friend and critique partner, Danielle, has a Goodbye 2010 & Hello 2011 segement that you guys should check out! One of the 2011 posts that she's putting up will be from me :)

Oh also, lovely readers, I got a chance to read an early copy of Across the Universe by Beth Revis and wow! It was awesome. I'll have a review up soon and a special giveaway for it in January, so make sure you come back for that!

Happy New Year Everybody!



This was one of my favorite New Year's celebrations! What's better than ringing in the New Year with friends and fireworks? How do you celebrate New Year's?

(Picture 1: Starting the new year by burning our regrets from last year. We wrote out regrets on a piece of paper, stuff them in the scarecrow [why a scarecrow? I dunno. It's a custom/tradition somewhere that I can't remember that our friend started with us] and burning the regrets to start fresh in the new year)

(Picture 2: Yup, that's me! Doing a fire dancing [fire poi] show for my friends!)

(Picture 3: My friend lit all the fireworks and this picture is an awesome looking result from that. Don't worry, it was much safer than the picture makes it out to look!)

3 comments:

  1. Why did you celebrate the new year a bit early? Christmas was lovely, hung out with the family, John's obviously. Sorry you got sick. Did the shirt I sent fit? Your new year celebration looks fun, and a bit scary (especially w/ Eric in charge of pyrotechnics).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture #2 is fantastic :) should be made into a texture or something :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela: Sorry, I meant, that was one of my favorite celebrations in the past. I think that was 2005! I didn't celebrate 2011 yet. :) And yes, the shirt fit. Thank you!

    Samita: Thanks! I have some much better pictures of me doing the fire dancing though, but they weren't for any new year celebration so I didn't put them up.

    ReplyDelete