Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Review: Crave

Crave by Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz

Description:
Shay has had a rare blood disorder since she was born. In fact, her mother married one of Shay’s doctors, Martin, who left his world-renowned leukemia research to try and figure out exactly what the disorder is and how to cure it. When she turns seventeen, Martin begins to give her new blood transfusions that make her feel the strongest she has ever felt. But she also has odd visions where she sees through the eyes of a vampire.

Review:
I liked the idea of this book. I liked how it was different from other vampire books out there; that it was about a sick girl getting blood transfusions and that she got visions from them. It sounded pretty interesting. I thought the story was good & I liked the way it unfolded, but occasionally the character, Shay, annoyed me. When she was feeling good, she did whatever she wanted regardless of the results. I understand why she was like that and thought it was needed for the books. It's just that sort of personality doesn't mesh well me w/ so once in a while she got a little annoying to me, but that's not to say she wasn't a well developed character because I think she was. I liked the character of Gabriel a lot though and thought that he was well developed, maybe even more so than Shay. The one main thing that bothered me was that sometimes it felt like the characters did or said things only because they seemed like those were things teenagers were supposed to do/say, so it didn't always feel authentic to me. Otherwise, I still liked the book, especially the ending. It was a great ending to keep the reader wanting more and waiting for the sequel. I don't know when the sequel comes out or what it's called yet, but I'll be picking it up from my library when it comes out.~

No comments:

Post a Comment