Friday, October 29, 2010

Review: Nightshade

Description:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


Review:

From page one this book had me hooked! It starts right out with action and doesn't disappoint as you keep reading. I was confused at first about the roles between the Keepers and the Packs, but Andrea explains everything at just the right time.


Calla. I loved her. She was strong, fun, and firece but also had a vulnerability to her. The dynamics written between the members of the pack were wonderful along with the relationships between Calla & Shay and also Calla & Ren. I loved the interaction between Calla and the two boys (oh those boys!)and couldn't decide which one I liked better or who to root for!

This book had me on edge the entire time wondering what would happen next. Every time I thought something was going to happen I was thrown for a loop (and it was great!) and oh the ending! All I have to say is, I need the sequel, Wolfsbane, now. Andrea Cremer wrote an amazing book full of passion, action, deceit, and tough decisions. Just don't be surprised if you end up loosing sleep so you can read it!
I would definitely recommend this book to other YA readers out there!

Also, if you're interested in Nightshade then check out my post on the awesome promotions that went into this book! Go here for that! And I just finished reading Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon so I might have a review up of that soon too.

One last thing! Don't forget about the YAspooktacularevent! Contest ends Oct. 31st and winners will be announced Nov. 6th, so don't forget to enter into all the fun stuff there!

3 comments:

  1. Neat that you get all these arc books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nightshade wasn't am arc for me. It's out now. For your reading pleasure!!

    ReplyDelete