Monday, September 27, 2010

Zombies or Unicorns?


This weekend was filled with book-related events for me. First, I went to the signing of Mockingjay with Suzanne Collins like my post below says (and where you can enter to win your own signed copy!) And the next day I went to a book festival!

At the festival, I got to watch a debate between Team Zombie (Carrie Ryan, Scott Westerfeld, & Justine Larbalestier) and Team Unicorn (Holly Black, Diana Peterfreund, & Kathleen Duey)

I really wish I had taken video of the debate because it was hilarious! I especially enjoyed when Scott Westerfeld read excerpts out of zombie and unicorn books and the voices he did while reading them. All of the author were wonderful and funny.

(I know, this isn't really a good photo at all. Sorry)
Photobucket

I also got to pick up a copy of Zombies vs Unicorns, which I can't wait to start reading. Sounds awesome! And they were all kind enough to sign books for everyone too. I was able to get that book signed by all of them along with my copies of The Forest of Hands and Teeth & The Dead-tossed Waves signed by Carrie Ryan too! Yay! I also gave her a little mini art picture thing of this sculpture that I did because I loved the books so much.

Anyway, go check out their books! I haven't read all of them yet, but I definitely plan on it. All of their books sound amazing!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

So, friends, did you guys do anything fun or special this weekend? Looking forward to any books coming out or read anything that you thought was simply amazing?

Oh, and...Team Zombie!

4 comments:

  1. yay for zombies. the uglies series rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it? I really need to read it. My to-be-read pile is increasing at an alarming rate! lol But Scott Westerfeld seemed really cool. I don't doubt his books are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for finding my blog! I'll definitely add you to my Google Reader, even though we don't really read the same stuff - I just love having a network of local bloggers. :) [Speaking of that, if you look at the top left sidebar of my blog, you can add yourself to the local blogger database to keep up with local events!]

    I can't believe I didn't see you at this panel, but then again I only stayed for about 30 minutes. It really was hilarious though! My post today is a recap of the panel - with pictures - so definitely come check it out.

    ReplyDelete