Thursday, September 2, 2010

Review: Mockingjay

Description:

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.


It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans -- except Katniss.


The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay -- no matter what the personal cost.

Review:

For those of you who have been living under a rock and haven't heard about the Hunger Games trilogy then you need to go out and get them! Mockingjay is the third and final installment in the trilogy which started with The Hunger Games and then Catching Fire.

Suzanne Collins creates a rich world in her books that you can't help but feel a part of as you are reading them. The characters are amazing. Team Gale? Team Peeta? Oh, who to choose! All of the characters add their own special touch to the novels and you can really find a connection with them! Katniss is such a great character. I really and absolutely loved these books and Mockingjay had me staying up late to read then next chapter, and the next, and the next one after that! I didn't want to put it down! I completely recommend these books to anyone looking for a good read...but don't be surprised if you cry along the way! I know I did! So if you haven't yet (*gasp*) read them then go pick them up somewhere! Bookstore, friend's, library, anywhere but definately check these books out!

5 comments:

  1. I have to agree with this review. These books are fantastic. I can't believe I cried while reading a book. I don't read often because of a small child to watch, but my late nights were consumed with the Hunger Games. Now, I have a problem! Is there every going to be a book that can measure up to this series? It is so heartbreaking to be done with the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! They're such good books. Another trilogy that has the same kind of feel to it yet still unique is the Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner. The first is The Maze Runner and the second is the Scorch Trials(comes out Oct.12th) I really liked The Maze Runner and can't wait for the next one! You should give them a look sometime when you get free time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I love this series. Just finished Mockingjay too (I also wrote a review on my book blog if you're interested). And I loved The Maze Runner as well, so I'm excited to see a sequel is coming out (on my birthday, no less!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tara! How are you doing? I didn't know you had some blogs. I followed your book one! Hope you finish all 50 for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm doing really well! I love reading your book reviews :)

    ReplyDelete