Thursday, September 30, 2010

Review: Matched


Phew. What a week! I have been in editing lock-down like mad people! My critique partner and I have set a schedule for ourselves and I like to think we're doing pretty good with it. I finished my main edits and am going to read through one more time. Yay! This is exciting for me.

I'll be honest though. I have been distracted some during all of this, but I just had to read Matched by Ally Condie. It comes out November 30 so, look out for it!

Also, good news (for me at least) since I will be finishing this massive editing soon, I'll have more time for reading and finishing writing my other work in progress. Yay again! And don't forget to join my giveaway for a signed copy of Mockingjay! (*Contest Closed*) Happy Friday friends~


Description:

In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s barely any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one . . . until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow—between perfection and passion.

Review:

I loved this book. I gives you a look into how the world could be if every aspect of your life was basically out of your control but fronted as if being for the best--the best for you. From food portions to your career to who you marry is all picked out for you based on your personality statistics and genetics. Life is perfect...or not. This is a book that satisfied my want for a good dystopian story and kept me up at night to finish reading. It gave me the feel of The Give but in its own unique way. I was invested in the characters and believed the world they lived in. The plot was great with pacing and I really liked the writing style as well. I can't wait for the sequel and I think you should go pre-order your copy now! :)

Oh and p.s.- Awesome Halloween fun stuff coming up on the blogosphere soon! There will be a spooky story written by a number of awesome authors out there and, of course, prizes and giveaways too! So check out here for more details! And keep checking back in there and at my very own blog here for more updates about the event. Don't you love Halloween? What was your favorite thing to dress up as? This year I'm gonna be a peacock. Oh what fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good book :) I want to dress Eli up as a UPS driver for Halloween this year :)

    ReplyDelete