Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Review: Sisters Red

Photobucket
Book Description:
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris-- the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.

Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts fiercely alongside her. Now Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves and finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax-- but loving him means betraying her sister and has the potential to destroy all they've worked for.



Review:
I recently finished Sisters Red. I thought it was okay, I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars on my goodreads bookshelf-meaning I liked it and all but it didn't really stand out to be and shout awesome! I thought the whole fairy tale in a modern world feel/twist was cool, but it took me a long time to actually invest in the book and the characters.

I enjoyed the writing style, I liked the character of Silas, and I liked the close relationship between the sisters, but it still felt as if something was missing from it for me and it took about halfway through the book for me to really get into the story and care about finishing the book. But, by the end I was eager to find out how it ended and what happened.

All in all, I didn't dislike it but I didn't fall in love with it right away either. I did absolutely love the cover though! Sisters Red has a sequel, Sweetly, coming out sometime in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment